Tuesday, June 21, 2011

PEACH TEA TART

I’m not a big fan of plain tea and I really don’t like sweet tea, BUT since manufacturers have come out with instant peach tea – well, it’s different and I like it.  So when I was thumbing through the May 2011 issue of Southern Living (while waiting in a doctor’s office) and saw a recipe for Sweet Tea Icebox Tart a light went off in my head.  After I arrived home, I downloaded the SL recipe and promptly made changes to it – ‘cause that’s what I do (my poor family)!

INGREDIENTS:

2 tsp                 instant peach tea mix (that’s about one of those little packets)
2 Tbsp             water
14 oz               sweetened condensed milk (this is one can)
1/3 Cup           orange juice
1/4 Cup           lemon juice
2                      large eggs – lightly beaten
1                      pre-made graham cracker crust

Whipped cream and peach slices for topping – both optional.



DIRECTIONS:         

-     In a large bowl mix together the water and instant peach tea mix – mix until dissolved.
-     Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, the orange juice and the lemon juice.
-     Pour the lightly beaten eggs into the liquid and combine thoroughly.
-     Pour the mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust.
-     Bake at 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the filing is just set.
-     Cool completely on a wire rack.
-     Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.

I suggest serving with some whipped cream and perhaps a piece or two of sliced peach.


Note:    I don’t like my tea strong, so I decreased the amount of instant tea mix from what the original recipe called for.  If you like a strong tea, feel free to use more of the instant tea mix - up to 2 Tbsp.

http://www.redgage.com/rene

Here is my flower for the day - Thank you RedGage!

http://www.redgage.com/c-lecgbf

No comments:

Post a Comment